About Me

My photo
My friends call me the "grammar goddess." Really. ;-) I own a freelance writing, editing and tutoring business. Previously, I served three years as food editor for The Morning Sun in Mt. Pleasant, which kindled my interest in food writing. My other areas of expertise in writing include features, community news, architecture/construction and engraving/personalization. I have a frightening number of cookbooks and watch too many DIY, HGTV, Food Network, Cooking Channel and Antiques Roadshow (BBC and PBS versions) shows. And I tweak nearly every recipe I make.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Product Review: Terra Krinkle Cut Sweet Potato Chips with Sea Salt

I'm not sure what I was expecting, exactly, but what I got wasn't it.

Don't get me wrong, Terra Krinkle Cut Sweet Potato Chips with Sea Salt taste fine, but they're a bit like overcooked sweet potato fries.
 
This ridged chip is very crisp and a bit thicker than most chips. I like them a bit thinner and less crunchy. If you like thick, crisp chips, try them.

On the up side, they're definitely better for you than sweet potato fries. 

One serving of 17 chips yields 160 cal, 90 mg sod, 3 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 1 g protein; 11 g total fat  and 1 g saturated fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment