About Me

My photo
My friends call me the "grammar goddess." Really. ;-) I own a freelance writing, editing and tutoring business. Previously, I served three years as food editor for The Morning Sun in Mt. Pleasant, which kindled my interest in food writing. My other areas of expertise in writing include features, community news, architecture/construction and engraving/personalization. I have a frightening number of cookbooks and watch too many DIY, HGTV, Food Network, Cooking Channel and Antiques Roadshow (BBC and PBS versions) shows. And I tweak nearly every recipe I make.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Magazine Review: Taste of Home Healthy Cooking

maThe original Taste of Home magazine features great-sounding recipes that just aren't as healthy as I would like. I have about two years' worth of these magazines thanks to a friend who once gave me a gift subscription. She is a cooking professional, and knows her food, so I knew the recipes would be good.

Taste of Home Healthy Cooking magazine lightens new and classic recipes so that they can be made for every day meals. I know they will taste good and be healthier than many choices. How healthy your choices are in this magazine depends upon you: unlike a number of cooking magazines, you have access to the nutrition facts. (One of my main beefs with a number of magazines is the lack of nutritional information available.

Recipes for July 4 currently are featured on the Taste of Home Healthy Cooking  website, which also offers one issue of any of the Taste of Home family of publications free

No comments:

Post a Comment