About Me

My photo
My friends call me the "grammar goddess." Really. ;-) I own a freelance writing, editing and tutoring business. Previously, I served three years as food editor for The Morning Sun in Mt. Pleasant, which kindled my interest in food writing. My other areas of expertise in writing include features, community news, architecture/construction and engraving/personalization. I have a frightening number of cookbooks and watch too many DIY, HGTV, Food Network, Cooking Channel and Antiques Roadshow (BBC and PBS versions) shows. And I tweak nearly every recipe I make.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Beyond Shirley Temples: The Mocktail

I've never been much of a drinker, which is, in my mind, one good habit that affects the size of my waist. Besides, I tend to like what I call "fruity girly drinks," in which you can't taste the alcohol anyway. So mocktails eliminate extra calories and make me sure I can safely drive home.

When I'm not drinking water, tea or coffee, I'll select the non-alcoholic punch or mocktail, generally created from various fruit juices and seltzer.

When you either can't or don't want to drink alcohol, here are some links to inspire your own mocktails, taking you beyond the classic Shirley Temple (one of my favorite drinks).

Washington Post (This article makes a great case for the mocktail: kids love them, too.)



No comments:

Post a Comment