There's a new television show on Cooking Channel: Tripping out with Alie & Georgia.
I found it hysterically funny as well as informative after watching the first-ever episode.
Stars Alie Ward and Georgia Hardstark had a goal: to "do Vegas" and still keep their dignity. And they wear really cool outfits in the process.
They did Las Vegas in a way that they wouldn't regret, both in terms of food eaten, drinks drunk or money spent at the casino.
Though they did do one thing I wouldn't.
No matter what, I'm not taking a high-wire lesson at Absinthe. But I will watch the circus there. And maybe have a small glass of absinthe while I'm there. I hear it's not usually made with wormwood anymore.
Best line: "You're not afraid of heights are you?" "I don't think I've ever been high enough to know." (Alie)
They gave some great tips:
- Stay in one of the cool boutique hotels off the strip.
- Hang poolside and relax before heading out to the strip.
- There's a monster buffet at Caesars Palace with the equivalent of nine restaurants and has amazing food: the Bacchanal Buffet.
- Go to downtown Vegas: It's really cool.
- Try new things, like getting a lesson in poker before trying your luck at the casino or learning how to walk on the high wire.
- Don't forget to try food in the fanciest-looking diner I've ever seen, The Peppermill, that has a server who looks like Giada de Laurentiis. It also serves humungous pancakes.
After their trip, the ladies brought their culinary experiences back home and reinvent the food and cocktails for a party at home.
Recipes they made for the party included:
But don't take my word that this is a fabulous new show, see it for yourself. You can stream the premiere episode of Tripping out with Alie & Georgia free right here.