About Me

My photo
My friends call me the "grammar goddess." Really. ;-) I own a freelance writing, editing and tutoring business. Previously, I served three years as food editor for The Morning Sun in Mt. Pleasant, which kindled my interest in food writing. My other areas of expertise in writing include features, community news, architecture/construction and engraving/personalization. I have a frightening number of cookbooks and watch too many DIY, HGTV, Food Network, Cooking Channel and Antiques Roadshow (BBC and PBS versions) shows. And I tweak nearly every recipe I make.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Product Review: Dark Chocolate Almond Granola

I was in Kroger a few days ago and saw that the Cascadian Farm Organic Dark Chocolate Almond Granola was about a dollar off, with multiple coupons on it, one for $1.00 off any cereal. I hadn't planned to get cereal, but I'd already picked up Luna Bars on sale. One of the coupons on the package was (I kid you not) a coupon for .75 off two Luna Bars. Needless to say, I bought it, saving about $4 total in the transaction. I plan to repeat the purchase because the sale is still taking place!
Expect subtle flavor from this granola with my favorite dark chocolate and almonds chopped finely enough to enjoy them in nearly every bite. The down side is that 2/3-cup not only has 4.5 g fat, but it also constitutes one serving. I'll address that issue in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment