About Me

My photo
My friends call me the "grammar goddess." Really. ;-) I own a freelance writing, editing and tutoring business. Previously, I served three years as food editor for The Morning Sun in Mt. Pleasant, which kindled my interest in food writing. My other areas of expertise in writing include features, community news, architecture/construction and engraving/personalization. I have a frightening number of cookbooks and watch too many DIY, HGTV, Food Network, Cooking Channel and Antiques Roadshow (BBC and PBS versions) shows. And I tweak nearly every recipe I make.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Community, food-related events take place this weekend

A few timely food-related events that are happening this weekend caught my attention.
This Saturday, Sept. 25, the Greening of Detroit 20th anniversary celebration takes place at Eastern Market. According to this week's 10 Things to Do in Detroit This Weekend in Crain's Detroit Business, it's intended "to celebrate local food and music in Detroit! Love Food." Cost is $35 at the door. For more information, visit the event's website.

Harvest Moon Celebration outdoors at the Sundquist Pavilion in Farmington's Riley Park gives autumn a jump start this weekend with beer and wine tasting, farmers market, pig roast, and more. I'm not sure much of it's healthy food, but it's all in what you pick. Cost is $8 at the door.

The 33rd annual Rochester Area Heritage Festival takes place at Rochester College, 800 W. Avon Road in Rochester, Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and includes food, music, family friendly fun and games as well as a chance to explore Rochester's history.

No comments:

Post a Comment